Friday 5 April 2013

Spend or save! Sickly sweet summer skater....

Spend or save! Sickly sweet summer skater....

Spend or save! Sickly sweet summer skater.... by charlibellex featuring a sun hat


 I did this just for fun more than anything! But also to get me into more of a spring/summer mood, as I said in my last post about feeling uninspired & still stuck in winter, I don't feel quite like that anymore. Although, I was looking at my posts on polyvore and they all seemed to be pretty dark and grungey, so I thought I'd do something pretty and girly haha! & this is how it turned out..... Feeling sliiiightly sick now after all the cuteseyness and pink, but this has really put me in a good mood and brought out some of my girly-girl-ness... I think I'm making up words? All the pink has made me dizzy....

I did this spend or save because I always enjoy reading them in magazines etc. & as much as I love designer clothes & expensive items, I also hate them.... I'm a poor student and can't often afford to spend a lot of money on things & especially not one dress or a pair of sunglasses, so finding cheap alternatives is always great. I absolutely LOVE the Wildfox rainbow dress, but I do not like the price tag.... This New Look skater dress is much more in my budget & I was thinking maybe you could add your own rainbow? Either with embroidery, stitched on fabric, a rainbow patch, fabric pens or dyes, I love customizing clothes & I think it's a really good way of making your money go further. I actually prefer both the sandals and the bag that I chose for the cheaper outfit & I'm tempted to treat myself to both when I get money..... The sunglasses though... I'm definitely preferring the ones on team £1001, how cute and quirky are they?!
Which look do you prefer?!

Spend.....

Dress: £320
Sandals: £425
Satchel bag: £93
Sun hat: £280
Sunglasses: £110
Lipstick: £25 


Save......

Dress: £25
Sandals: £56
Satchel bag: £13
Sun hat: £25
Sunglasses: £11
Lipstick: £12


Please click to read more for the brands of each item and links to each! :-)



Wildfox Couture peplum dress
$485 - jades24.com


Sweetheart neckline dress
$38 - newlook.com


Chloé flat sandals
boutique1.com


Topshop
topshop.com


Satchel handbag
saturday.com


Satchel handbag
target.com


Maison Michel sun hat
matchesfashion.com


Opening ceremony
modaoperandi.com


John Lewis beach hat
$38 - johnlewis.com



Yves saint laurent lipstick
$37 - debenhams.com


Topshop makeup
topshop.com




2 comments:

  1. All these things look so vintage and classic, i love the pink dress >,< Nice post :D
    Im following you now, mind to follow back? Kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks :)x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete