Wednesday 10 April 2013

Easy DIY.. studs!





Okay so I customised this shirt with studs AGES ago & wore it a fair few times and then I completely forgot about it for months and months until I found it again a week or so ago and wore it on Monday. I got a few compliments on it & I've also had compliments on another plain white shirt that I studded the collar of too so I thought I would do a little blog post on it.........

click to read more & more piccies guyyys :-)




Old photo! When I had a long bob haha



So on this shirt I did a row on each side of the collars and then a row along the pocket, I have also studded shorts, tshirts, jackets, more shirts/blouses! Its a cheap and easy way to add a little more detail to a maybe more plain item of clothing or an item you're getting bored of. At one point as well, studs were everywhere... it was difficult to find pieces of clothing that didn't have studs I swear haha! But in Topshop etc. they'd be selling a shirt with a studded collar or whatever for like £30, when you can do it yourself for much cheaper. It is a little time consuming and maybe a bit fiddly but its worth it. Personally, I LOVE studs and I have for years so its one of my favorite ways to customise, along with cutting/slashing pieces and bleaching (which I think I will do blog posts for my other DIY items if ya want?!), they're all such cheap and easy ways to customise clothing so that you love them more, or just making them more YOU and it's nice to have things that you have done yourself as they are unique pieces :-)

For this shirt, I picked it up at a charity shop for £1 and then I ordered a bag of 200 little studs from ebay for about £2ish and used about 20 studs to customise! Easy and superrrr cheap :-)


Let me know what you guys think and your favorite ways to customise old clothes etc.!? 
Also, let me know if you'd like maybe a step by step tutorial on this? (I know there's already loads out there but could be fun!) Or a tutorial on a different way to DIY or some of my other DIY items! :-)

Thank you for reading, 
love Charlotte x

P.S. I still don't really get how this site works 100% so I apologise, but you can now follow me via bloglovin!! Sooo if you like my blog, please do! Thank youuuuu xxx


4 comments:

  1. That looks so amazing. I like adding patches and different fabrics to old clothing that has broken/been ripped, it is a) cheaper and b) means you clothes are original :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this :) x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete