Sunday 4 November 2012

autumn/october/halloween
























My first proper blog post! Loads of pictures and they aren't the best quality because of the lighting but I thought they would do until I get used to all of this :)
I thought for this post I would show a few of the things I have recently bought... I went shopping to find a costume for halloween back last week with a friend from uni, I'm so unorganized so I had no costume or anything or any idea of what to be... I looked online a few times but couldn't choose and went in the fancy dress/joke shop SO many times, looking at the same outfits over again I narrowed it down to dead nurse/skeleton. There were two costumes I really liked but they were £25-£30... the material was thin and cheap and they didn't come with all of the accessories so I would have had to have spent another £5-£10 on those! After trying on and going back and fourth I decided to have a look in a few of the charity shops to see if I could get something cheap or make do with something, (i decided maybe to do a cheaper outfit after spending a LOT of money on ebay... ooops) and these are the few bits I found!!

The first item is a silky/lacy nighty, I thought it was really pretty and could be used for either a skeleton or a nurse depending on what I paired with it, that was either 99p or £1.99 (can't remember.. ooopz)

Next is a little black and silver lacy corset, I wasn't sure what I could use it for but it looked halloweeny I guess so I got that... it was £1.99

Thennn I found this white sleeveless shirt/blouse which I thought I could use as part of a nurse costume over the nighty/dress with a bit of customizing and some nurse accessories. I bought that for 99p.

Nothing to do with Halloween, but whilst in the one shop I saw these primark shorts, brand new with the tags still on! I saw these back a while ago when they were in Primark and was debating whether to buy them or not but only had a certain amount of money and chose a pair of jeans over them, but now I'm SO glad I didn't buy them then because I found them here and paid £1.99 for them! I think they're really cute and will be nice this Autumn/Winter worn with some cozy clothes like fur etc. and i think they could be worn both day and night :)

Another cute item in the shop was this vintage wooly jumper, my friend picked it up and said that it would really suit me and kept telling me to buy it, I had no money on me so had to go to the cash point first to take some out before I could buy it, I was hoping so bad it was still there when I got back... when I did a woman had it in her hands looking at it, I think she was really debating whether or not to buy it & I really thought she was going to! After a while of looking at it and holding it up and looking at the labels etc. she put it back and left the shop... soooo I had it... you snooze you lose? that also was £1.99 :)

From poundland I bought the feather false eyelashes and cream makeup/face paint from their Halloween section... I thought their Halloween section was really good this year! My sister bought a few cups and some cute skeleton straws for going out with her friends which were really cool.

There are SO many clothes in Primark at the moment that I really love, recently I've been obsessed with glitter and black with silver glitter especially.. so from primark I got myself this cute black and silver glittery bobble hat which was £4 and my lovely boyfriend bought me the black and silver glittery sheer maxi skirt for £12. They look really cute together :D

My last things were from body care... I bought some bandage for 49p in case I wanted it for my costume and then Bristows tropical paradise dry shampoo because I have realllly soft fine hair which tends to go quite flat and this really helps give it volume, i used to use the Batiste ones but this one is cheaper so I gave it a go and it's really nice and smells amaaaazing! 99p from Bodycare :)

In the end for Halloween I chose to wear the nighty/dress with some skeleton/bone tights from Blue Banana for £2.99 and then I used the face paints to turn myself into more of a skeleton... I think it all looked pretty cute and cost me hardly anything! I wore my leather jacket, jeffrey campbell foxys, bandana and my cream and black long strap shoulder bag to complete my costume. I paid £4.98 for my costume when I was going to pay £25+ ... DIY fancy dress saved me lots £££££!!





I do not know why but some how, half of my images disappeared off here :( 
May find them and reupload when I have the time??

No comments:

Post a Comment