Sunday 16 December 2012

Winter Vintage Fayre!

http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/4943367c424f11e283fe22000a1faeaf_7.jpg

Instagram: charlibellexx

read moooooore......



Vintage fayre...........





 










 
 I reaaaaallly wanted this case!!! It was £45!


 


 With my boyfriend at my grandparents house.......

 



 


 I've been meaning to do a new blog post for agessss but I've been really busy with uni work as I've had a Christmas deadline so haven't had the time! I have a few weeks off now so I can update this more regularly.

Anywayyy, last Sunday me and my boyfriend took a walk from my house down to the village I live in to take a look at a vintage fayre that was going on in the town hall. It was £1 entry and I didn't have any other money to buy anything really but probably wouldn't have bought anything even if I had had a bit of money. It was fun just to go in and have a look around the different stalls, some stalls were peoples collections that they were scaling down etc., some were people who made new things in the style of vintage items and others were people who run vintage shops etc.
It was super cute and there were so many nice things! If I was super rich, I would have bought it all, but as I am not I find it all a little too expensive for me! I loved all the fur coats and cute brooches and dresses and hats! There were loads of sweet telephones and there was a girl there selling some of her camera collection, some of the cameras were amazing, and my boyfriend being a film student had his eye on one or two.
There was a white chest/case with floral detail on it filled with hats which was being sold for £45, it was really beautiful and I would have loved it, but I have been trying my best to save for Christmas! I'm going to have a look through all the local charity shops to see if I can find something similar. Also, being someone who regularly shops in charity shops, I find a lot of things at vintage shops/events to be too expensive as I know I can get the same or similar for much cheaper in charity shops or sometimes things are priced as more than they're worth just because some people will spend that money on them not realising that even though the item is vintage, it's not worth that much!
Although I saw many things I loved and did not buy anything, it was a fun day out, as Sundays are normally just spent in the house chilling. Seeing as we were already in Caerleon village we decided to give my grandparents a visit for a few hours and have a cup of coffee, which was nice :)

Charlotttttte x

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I love a good vintage fayre. That case does look gorgeous too!

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fur and hats. You can pick up some great finds at Vintage Fayre's x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog, im not following you. vintage fairs are the best.

    www.downtownwolf.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. soo lovely pictures, I love that fur coat! x

    ReplyDelete